OVER 6 YEARS IN THE FIELD, THE MITE ZAPPER HAS BEEN PROVEN TO WORK. NOW THE TECHNOLOGY IS FOR SALE!
The MiteZapper was invented by Dr. Zachary Huang from Michigan State University. Dr. Huang’s extensive research on the technology has proven the MiteZapper® 85-95% effective in controlling varroa mites naturally.
About Our Varroa Control Technology.
Dr. Zachary Huang Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in Entomology at Michigan State University and is the inventor of the MiteZapper®. During the early 80s, Dr. Huang obtained a national scholarship to study honey bees in Canada.
Our company was quickly taken by Dr. Huang’s invention of the MiteZapper®. We have spent the last 5 years developing the product for commercial use. Laboratory and field testing has proven the MiteZapper to be 85-95% effective in controlling varroa mites.
Field test –Conducted by Dr. Zachary Huang, Michigan State University Associate Professor of Entomology.
• Three different apiaries
• Each apiary with three groups
• Mitezapper colonies (n=5)
• Drone colonies (n=5)
• Control colonies (n=4)
• Natural mite drop monitored at 8-14 day intervals (sticky trap left for 48 hours but presented as mites/24 hr.)
• Sticky board used for mite calculation.
• Calculation based on mite drop.
• The Drone group comprised of a drone frame foundation.
• Packaged bees from the same supplier were randomly assigned to each treatment.
• Colonies were left to winter
• 80% of mite zapper colonies survived the winter.
• All control and drone colonies died